If image on terminal screen is not great automatically, you are to configure it correctly, which means:
- Install the newest WTware version. The newest means the latest released version. Don't worry about name "testing version", download the latest one.
- Start terminal. At WTware start, when you see "Press DEL to enter SETUP" on the screen, press Del:
- Make sure that terminal boots with correct version. Version number you сan see at the top of the screen. Select "Configure video card" menu item:
- Run configurator on server, select your terminal from terminals list, select tab "Logs", press button "PRESS here to get log from terminal". You should see several pages of text:
This log works only if you boot terminal by network. If terminal boots from local hard disk, flash or CD, log doesn't work. Find the way to boot this terminal by network.
- On terminal select first driver it suggests. If you are using widescreen monitor, don't test VESA drivers,
almost for sure they will work only for 4:3 resolutions (1024х768, 1280x1024). Select nonVESA drivers:
- Select CORRECT MONITOR RESOLUTION, that is specified in monitor manuals. Other resolutions may not work:
- For drivers gma(F), i915(F), nouveau(F), radeon(F), via(F), vmwgfx(F) you are to specify video output. Drivers sometimes confuse DVI to HDMI.
- Press F10, then once again F10, start test. On server in configurator should appear new lines in log.
If after item 8 item you'll see striped image:
then you managed to find driver, that works with your videocard and monitor. It's likely to try other drivers,
choose the one with the SHORTEST test execution time. The less seconds test executes the faster driver works.
After determining the best driver on the image with color stripes press F10, specify server address:
Log in to terminal server as administrator and run configurator. Configurator determines that it was started
after video card configuration and offers to save current video settings to terminal configuration file:
Now your terminal is ready for work and further configuration.
If you see image, but it's decentered or streched incorrectly — try to change monitor settings. Sometimes just buttons on monitor can help to fix problem.
If there's no image, you see black screen, error message or terminal reboots — save log from configurator on server.
If none of drivers works, send logs from all tests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In e-mail describe your hardware, at least motherboard model or laptop model, where you failed to see image in WTware.
If you have any comments or remarks to this article, please,
let us know